Revelle Advising is dedicated to helping you achieve your educational, professional, and personal goals. We encourage you to contact us with any academic questions you may have throughout your career at UC San Diego. Please read below for more information about our services and the various ways you can connect with us.
Walk-In Advising Hours
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:00 - 11:30am and 1:15 - 3:30pm
- Tuesday: 1:15 - 3:30pm
Hours subject to change
To schedule an appointment, call (858) 534-3490
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 4:30pm
During normal business hours our advising reception is available to help students with:
- Understanding general policies and procedures
- Submitting academic forms and petitions
- Scheduling appointments
Walk-In Advising sessions are a maximum of 15 minutes and students can receive help with:
- Scheduling and planning for the next quarter
- Current quarter schedule changes (e.g. dropping, changing grading option)
- Degree audit review
- Basic GE requirement questions
- Understanding College and University policies
- Academic forms and petitions (e.g. Financial Aid Appeals, Concurrent Enrollment, Reduced Course Load)
- Max Unit Limit questions*
- How to change your major or add a minor on TritonLink
- Academic deadlines
Appointments are 30-minute, individual advising sessions and available during the academic year (fall, winter, spring). Individual appointments are not scheduled during the summer.
Appointments must be scheduled in advance. To make an individual appointment, contact the front desk during office hours at (858) 534-3490. Students may call to request an appointment with a specific academic counselor.
Appointments are recommended for questions or concerns that may require more in-depth advising such as:
- Changing or exploring majors*
- Changes to overall academic plan
- Concerns about academic performance/standing
- Detailed information about GE requirements
- Developing a four year plan (new freshmen need to wait until second quarter)
- Graduating seniors/degree checks*
- Transferring to another college (ICT)
- Students in academic difficulty (Academic Probation, Subject to Disqualification, Academic Disqualification)
- Withdrawals from the quarter/leave of absence
- Readmission questions
- Petitions for exceptions to requirements/University policies
- Double majors*
- Adding a minor*
* These advising issues could be dealt with in a walk-in session or an appointment depending on the complexity of the questions.
Current students can submit questions online through the Virtual Advising Center. Students are notified via UCSD email or text when their questions have been answered. Go to vac.ucsd.edu and click on notification preferences to receive text notifications.