Emergency FIRE, MEDICAL or POLICE call 9-1-1 from a land line or (858)534-HELP from a cell phone.
Your safety is our priority. On nights and weekends a Resident Assistant is always on duty and can immediately respond to security problems. Residential Security Officers (RSOs) patrol each night. The police department can dispatch an officer to any problems. Call (858)534-HELP.
Find a companion when walking on campus at night. The Community Service Officers (CSOs) provide a security escort service: 5 PM to 1 AM. The CSOs are identified by their bright yellow shirts or windbreakers with the letters CSO. Call (858)534-WALK.
Or visit the Campuswide Emergency site.
- If you need assistance after hours, the Resident Assistant on duty can assist you.
- Residence Halls and Keeling Apartments: (858)534-4545
- If during Res Life Office hours, check out a courtesy key.
- Return key within 15 minutes. If before midnight, call the RA on Duty. If after midnight and before 8 AM, call campus police.
- Call the 24 hour Customer Service Center: (858)534-2600
- All requests are handled on a priority basis.
- If you hear a fire alarm, leave the building immediately.
- Lock your door behind you.
- Proceed to the nearest staircase and walk to the ground floor.
- Evacuate to the Revelle Plaza.
Do not return to the building until the alarm has been turned off and fire officials have given the OK.
Fire extinguishers are located outside each residence halls suite door and apartment quads. You should familiarize yourself with the locations of the fire extinguishers for use in the event of an emergency.
- Indoors: stay away from windows.
- Get under sturdy furniture.
- Stand in interior corner or doorway.
- When shaking has stopped, walk to a staircase and exit the building.
Be prepared for aftershocks. These tremors are usually weaker than the initial earthquake, but may still be strong enough to cause damage. You should remain prepared up to 48 hours after the initial event.