Purpose – Truth – Vision
Where sciences, arts, and humanities join to inspire and educate Renaissance men and women
Revelle College welcomes the Class of 2019 in the fall of 2015! Revelle College is a community of over 3,800 UC San Diego undergraduate students who represent diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. At Revelle, students pursue academic excellence and explore research opportunities with support from individualized student services, eminent faculty, and world-class libraries. Outside the classroom students enjoy a wide array of community activities and services.
Revelle College stresses the broad character of its curriculum, which provides students with the opportunity to achieve an essential background in all major areas of learning as well as obtain essential tools to effectively and creatively pursue further study and adapt to a rapidly changing world.
In keeping with this philosophy, graduates from Revelle will have attained:
- An acceptable level of general education in mathematics; foreign language; the physical, biological, and social sciences; the fine arts; the humanities
- A preprofessional competence in an academic discipline - the major
Learning Objectives - Revelle College Academic Program
- A familiarity with major examples of the literature, art, history, and philosophy that have influenced Western culture
- An ability to effectively explain in writing one's position on an issue
- An acquaintance with the basic principles of Calculus
- An acquaintance with the rudimentary foundations of modern science
- An ability to read simple material written in a foreign language
- An acquaintance with the Social Sciences