Instructions for Humanities students using the Turnitin.com service
The final versions of your papers are due on the day and time indicated to you by your instructor or TA. Please disregard the turnitin.com due dates; your papers are due when your TA says they are due. You must submit an exact electronic copy of the hard-copy paper you turn in to your TA.
Only submit the FINAL, revised versions of your papers to turnitin.com. Once you have submitted your papers online you will not be able to go back and make any changes.
1. Go to http://www.turnitin.com on the internet.
2. Fill in your e-mail address and turnitin.com password. If you are a new user of the system, follow the instructions for new users, using the "create a user profile" link on the home page. If you've forgotten your password, click "password help."
3. After you are finished setting up your user profile, click on "start class enrollment wizard" (or just log in from the turnitin.com homepage).
4. This will take you to the "your classes" screen. Click "join new class."
5. For Class ID (see link above) enter the unique, seven-digit turnitin.com Class ID number for your section: for the enrollment password, enter the six-digit UCSD section ID number Class Enrollment Password (see link above) for your section. Click submit.
6. After you have enrolled in your class, it should appear on your student homepage. Click on your class section.
7. You will now be on your "Class Portfolio Page."
8. Click on the icon under the "Submit" column.
9. You have two choices in submitting your paper: "file upload" or "copy and paste." Whichever you choose, make sure you:
(a) first type in the title of your paper in the "submission title" box;
(b) either browse and select the file to upload, or copy and paste the file.
(c) click the "submit" button.
10. You will receive an e-mail receipt for your submission. Print and save this receipt as proof of the time and date of your paper submission.
If you have additional problems, see your instructor. If the problems are not easily resolved, contact the Humanities office, 858-534-3312.