Transfer Course Information
Enrolling in Classes Outside UC San Diego
All units earned for UC-transferable courses will be counted towards graduation. Students may transfer a maximum of 105 quarter units to UC San Diego from other institutions.
- 1 semester credits = 1.5 quarter units.
- Courses from other UC campuses will be factored into your UCSD GPA.
- Courses taken outside of the UC system will not be factored into your UCSD GPA.
- Courses taken at UCSD Extension are not included in your UCSD GPA. Contact the Admissions Office to verify UC-transferability.
Assist.org provides lists of course equivalencies between community colleges and UCSD. To select courses appropriate for GE credit, carefully review the Revelle College GE requirements to determine which courses may be used for each requirement. Then, use Assist.org to search for community college equivalents:
- Under the “Explore Transfer Information” header, select the community college you plan to attend.
- Under the “Agreements with Other Campuses” header, select “To: University of California, San Diego.”
- Select the course’s department under “University of California, San Diego” to view the community college’s list of course equivalencies.
No petition is necessary for approved equivalent courses listed on Assist.org. If you have any questions regarding credit duplication with previous coursework, please contact Revelle Advising through the Virtual Advising Center. For information regarding course availability and schedule, please check with the community college.
If you intend to enroll in a course that is not offered by a California community college and/or not listed on Assist.org, the course must be approved by petition prior to enrollment. Print and submit an Undergraduate Student Petition Form to the Revelle Advising office for consideration. Be sure to include the following information:
- Name of the community college or institution;
- Proposed course (include course number, title, and units) and planned quarter/semester of enrollment; and
- Which GE requirement you would like to use the course for.
You must also attach a syllabus and/or course description from the college's official course catalog.
To receive credit for coursework completed outside of UCSD, send an official transcript to the Admissions Office:
UC San Diego Office of Admissions
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0021
Please allow 10-12 weeks for UCSD Admissions to evaluate your transcripts and post the credits to your Academic History on MyTritonlink.