Revelle College stresses the broad character of its curriculum, which allows you to achieve an essential background in all major areas of learning.
In keeping with this philosophy, graduates from Revelle will have attained:
- An acceptable level of general education in mathematics; foreign language; the physical, biological, and social sciences; the fine arts; the humanities.
- A preprofessional competence in an academic discipline - the major.
- An understanding of an academic area outside the major field - an area of focus or an optional minor.
Revelle's curriculum allows you to obtain the essential tools through which you can effectively and creatively pursue further study and adapt to a rapidly changing world.
Learning Objectives - Revelle College Academic Program
- A familiarity with major examples of the literature, art, history, and philosophy that have influenced Western culture.
- An ability to effectively explain in writing one's position on an issue.
- An acquaintance with the basic principles of Calculus.
- An acquaintance with the rudimentary foundations of modern science.
- An ability to read simple material written in a foreign language.
- An acquaintance with one of the Social Sciences.
- Familiarity with some aspect of American culture; and in particular, an aspect involving the critical study of an ethnic group, its history of immigration, and experiences, in the wider multicultural context of U.S. society and its history.