What is a Provost?
- Academic and Administrative head of the College.
- Tenured member of the faculty.
- Initiates changes in Revelle curriculum and in graduation requirements.
- Evaluates faculty for promotion based on their contribution to undergraduate instruction.
- Has overall responsibility for providing students with the services of the Revelle Academic Advising Office, the Revelle Dean of Student Affairs Office, the Humanities and Special Programs Office, the Residence Life staff, and many centralized services.
- Has overall responsibility for the goals, operation, programs, and atmosphere of the college community.